LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil Pillai   05 December 2015

Stamp duty registration

My Father had purchased a Flat in the year 1986. Agreement was prepared in the Year 1986 on 5 Rs Stamp paper. We intend to become a member in society but society says that payment of Stamp duty is compulsory but as far as my knowledge is concern i am sure that stamp duty is not payable as the flat was already purchased by means of agreement in 1986 and only registration for the same is to be made.

Please guide whether stamp duty is payable or not and how to register the same as both the purchaser and seller are deceased.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Sagar R. Jadhav (Proprietor)     05 December 2015

You must follow process to get that flat transferred on your name and then you can apply for membership before society. so you will be the member of said society.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     05 December 2015

Author, agreement on stamp paper Rs.5/- which is also un-registered is not valid.  get the document be prepared and registered by executing sale deed.  If the purchaser and seller died, both their legal heirs agreed the agreement, registration can be done after paying propery stamp duty and necessary regn. charges.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register