Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pratibha Mule (Manager)     19 August 2010

Stamp duty on Indemnity Bond

Hello All Members,

Can anybody tell me what is the stamp duty levied on the Indemnity Bond in the state of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram.

Thanks

Pratibha

Learning

5 Replies

Shambhu (Advocate)     19 August 2010

You can prepare an indemnity bond on Rs.100/- stamp paper or type on green paper and get it franked from any Bank for Rs.100/-

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     19 August 2010

As suggested by Adv.Shambu, Rs.100 would be the maximum stamp duty payable.

vasudevan

kiran pt (ssa)     22 August 2010

Dear Sir, I'm Kiran. My problem is about indemnity bond to a bank. 1. I was given appointment as a clerk in grameen bank. Before the joining date, I met with an accident. I went to the branch where I'm supposed to join on the joining day, I explained to manager and requested to postpone the joining date. He talked favourably, collected my documents(includes indemnity bond of Rs. 1 Lakh) and at the time of leaving he asked me to sign. I thought it was some kind of visitors register. I signed and left the bank. 2. On the next working day, I informed him that I'm not feeling well and don't want to join in the services of bank. But he said that I already joined because the signature I put in ,is the attendance register so I should talk to the head office employees. 3. The next day, I went to head office and spoke to senior manager. He said that you might talk to chairman but he was available after two days. When I went after 2 days, senior manager said that he spoke to him(chairman) , I should give a resignation letter, they accept it and return my documents. So I gave a resignation letter. 4. After 3 months, yesterday, they sent a letter to pay Rs. 1 lakh . Sir, Please help me. I'm not able to pay the money. I didn't join the bank and resign from service intentionally. I went there to request on joining date and resigned after a week (because of the process of interacting with them) by trusting their words. Is this not cheating by them? Do I have to pay the money compulsorily? Should I produce doctor certificate of treatment? What are my positive points in this process? How can I win? Please advise me. Thank you very much, sir.

Mr. Pandarinath D. Verlekar (None)     26 August 2010

It will be wise enough to find out through the Stamp Act governing your Jurisdiction, Since it is Rs. 200/- as per Bombay Stamp Act.

Joy Dey (Advocate)     09 September 2011

Kiran PT.

From what you have mentioned above, it appears that the officials are unnecessarily harassing you.

Your options are:

1. Engage an advocate to defend ur case; or

2. Write to the Chief Justice of the High Court of your state, explain your case, mention u r unable to hire a lawyer and that u r not being able to defend yourself against these unscrupulous people.

3. Pray !

Good Luck.

Disclaimer: The content above is not a legal advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register