Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

naresh A Mr. (Others)     05 January 2016

Stamp duty and registration amount for flat

Dear experts,

I have following questions w.r.t. buying of a flat in an under constrution apartments:

1) What is the stamp duty and registration fees as of today (i.e. january 2016) to be paid for registering the UDS of the flat?

2) What is the stamp duty and the registration fees to be paid for registering the construction agreement of the flat being bought by me?

3) In the sale deed of the UDS, can we mention the flat number and built up area of the flat being bought?

4) Should the construction agreement be registered first or  the sale deed of the UDS? Does the order of registration of the 2 documents matter? How do we link the document registration number of the construction agreement in the sale deed of the UDS and vice versa?

Please help me with these questions as i am planning to buy a flat.

Thanks in advance!

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 January 2016

1) & 2):  The stamp duty and registration charges differ from one state to another, it is not a uniform rate across the length and breadth of the country, so you should specify that which state of India that you are intending to buy the flat, or else you can enquire the same from local registrar's office. 

3) UDS means Undivided share ?, if yes, where is the question of flat  or its number?b be clear in what you want to clarify by this question.

4) The sale agreement with the builder will cover the terms and conditions of constructions fully then there is no question of a separate construction agreement. Registration of flat or undivided share of property will depend on the circumstance, take the opinion of a lawyer by apprising the situation to him properly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register