LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

opensky (self)     27 January 2015

Spouse right on property

If I acquire some land/site/house after spouse has filed for divorce on so called grounds of cruelty, does spouse have right on it?
I am planning, as I would like to show this as my expense/emi apart from house rent, and other things to show how my salary is used.

Learning

7 Replies

jack (nothing)     27 January 2015

Don't buy on u r name, buy on your mother/sister name and you can pay emi.

rising up again (FFF)     28 January 2015

This is'nt an expense....its an asset which you are making...and will add to your income / wealth. Buy it in your mothers name and you can pay EMI's if thats possible...or wait for the time when you are free from the divorce case. 

Till then, DO NOT buy anything in your name... even if it is shares/ mutual funds etc etc... 

opensky (self)     28 January 2015

Thank you.

1. If  buy in other member's name, and giving EMI will they not cross check? - does it not become self-evident as a measure to "act smart"
2. Can I increase my volunatry PF to max, to reduce my net? - will they blame me for high VPF?

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     28 January 2015

So far as maintenance is concerned, it would hardly make any difference

For further advice send direct email to my ID

anamika_vichare@rediffmail.com

or Face Book A/c Anamika Vichare

saravanan s (legal advisor)     28 January 2015

if you can prove that its ur self earned property then she cant lay any claim over it.but it would be considered while determining maintenance amount for your wife at the time of divorce

opensky (self)     30 January 2015

Can I increase my volunatry PF to max, to reduce my net monthly? - will they blame me for high VPF?...i hear my net is one of the main decider.

Pls. guide.Thanks.

Soman (Dy Manager)     30 January 2015

While calculating net income mandatory deductions are only considered, like PF and income tax.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register