LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shahzad Javed   14 June 2018

Special leave for tuberculosis

I am an employee of an autonomous institution icar I have been diagnosed with tb lymphadenitis I was on leave for more than two months my office has deducted HPL and EL from my leave account for the above mentioned period. However a cghs doctor had told me that I can get special leave with pay in case of tuberculosis and the said leave won't be adjusted against my leave account is it true can I file a representation with my office to convert my period of leave into special leave for tuberculosis. Kindly help me out

Learning

3 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     14 June 2018

First ascertain from the CGHS Doctor, the notification/rules/circulars under which you are entitled.

Then make a representation to your organization with copy of the notification/rule/circular.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     14 June 2018

Dear Friend, Please note that the leaves will be deducted as per the rules. Untill now there is no such leaves called special leaves, anyhow if the policy of the orgnization have that scope, then may the employee always avail. Else these special leave if applied for always depends upon the employers discretion!

If on the other way you are covered under ESIC, you can availed the leave subjected to ESIC Doctor's prescripttion, but in that case you will get paid from the ESIC and not from the employer, and also your job gets secured.

Aside if the Doctor have any document to substantiate the special rule, you can always take the benefit.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 June 2018

You may consult CCS(Leave) Rules if your case fits in the scope of quarantine leave.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register