Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Taysin Shaikh   01 September 2015

Society maintenance receipts

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am facing problems with maintenance receipts from my society chairman. I have been paying my maintenance charges on time every month by cheque but for the last 5 months but I have not received any receipts, every time I ask them for receipts they give me excuses. Please tell me if I can stop paying them maintenance charges, if so what would be the legal way to do so? Can I file a case against them? Please share your advice

Thanks 

Learning

2 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     01 September 2015

Sir,

Send a letter per registered post, stating the details of payments with cheques/amounts/months etc, and demand for a stamped receipt, forward a copy of the letter, per registered post, to the Dy.Registrar of Co-Op. Housing Societies of your zone.

If you are not issued the requested receipts you can take up the matter legally with the Dy.Registrar of Co-Op. Housing Societies of your zone.

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

KS Johal   02 September 2015

I believe what Kishor Mehta ji is saying he is absolutely right. Yes please do write and send this letter recorded delivery. Make sure you mention the months that you paid via cheque. Also mention the months that you paid via cash. Make a formal request by saying could I have the receipts for the payment that I made via cash. Also mention that if I do not receive this then I will be pursuing this through the courts. I hope this helps. KS Johal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register