LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priyanka   12 February 2017

Society asking for transfer even after paying the same to bu

When I bought my flat, society was registered but handover of flats from builder to society was still not done. There was no society body elected as AGM was not yet done. So we received NOC from builder by paying builder.But now after society body is formed, society is now asking us to pay 25000 as society transfer premium,otherwise they won't issue share certificate on my name.I even notified society about the NOC charges I paid to builder via a mail from builder.Is society eligible to ask for transfer premium now?

Learning

4 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     13 February 2017

RAISE THIS ISSUE WITH THE BUILDER

Kishor Hajare (Advocate)     13 February 2017

Dear,

Asking a transfer premium is itself illegal. Society have no right to restraint share certificate to you. Record a letter to both the builder and society stating thereunder the entire facts. On their failure, adopt legal action against them.

for further querry, kindly contact me on below mentioned number:

Adv.Kishor Hajare

P.S. Please contact between 6.30 p.m. to 8.30 p.m. only

Priyanka   13 February 2017

Thank you so much for your valuable advice.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     13 February 2017

1.  IF the Flat is purchased on "Re-Sale" basis "AFTER" registration date of Society,  THEN the Society is right in demanding 25000/- as "Share Transfer Premium".

2.  "AFTER" registration date of Society, the builder has no right to collect ANY money, related to Sale /Purchase or any other transactions.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT:  https://www.maharashtra-society-help-forum.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register