LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gayathri (SW)     05 December 2012

Single wife without husband can adopt child

I am ~39 year old single woseparated men staying in bangalore.My husband is a NRI staying in abroad.We both got married in abroad in march 2011 and it is a love marriage after 6 years of relationship and our marriage is not yet registered in India. But after my marriage in 2012 i came to know my husband has extra marrital affair .

So i left him just 3 months back and came back to India without legal separation and divorce from him.My in laws  are staying with me.They dont want to be in touch with their son too.

I wish to know am i elligible for child adaptation in India without my husband wish.I dont wish to give him divorce ,thinking that he may come back to me after few years. I dont wish to go back abroad and also remarriage.

As per as i know legal adaptation from regd agency will not give child to a married women without husband.

Please suggest me about the legal possibilities for adaptations.

Learning

2 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     05 December 2012

1. Law is very clear on asked query. Separated wife or wife living with her husband as the case may be, need "consent" of her husband to adopt a child. Beyond this you also know by your own finding the law so no further explanation needed here.

gayathri (SW)     05 December 2012

What is the meaning of  consent ?

I feel he will not deny anything in written but he may not agree for his physical presenece for adaptation.

I and my in law will take care of child .Child is nothing to do with father.

I just want to give him some times divorce start.May be he change his mind and realize his mistakes.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register