Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pratteek   14 July 2016

Show cause notice from passport office

Hello respected members of the forum,

First I would like to apologize if the category for this question is wrong. I'm not sure if it falls under criminal Law. But my question is regarding a Show cause notice issued against my passport.

A year back I received an SCN in September asking me to explain my absence from my hostel during the police verification. The police verification was conducted when I was on summer vacation and had been to China for an internship. They mentioned that I was suppressing information and if I couldn't show a valid reason for absence my passport would be impounded.

I wrote an email to the RPO, Kolkata showing the cause and attaching a scanned copy of my Chinese VISA and stamped flight tickets. But ever since that I received no other replies from them. Neither was I told if my cause was considered and everything was okay nor was I told if my passport has been revoked. 

Now I need to go to Germany and will soon apply for a VIsa. Will my passport be accepted? Can I go to Germany if i show my passport at the airports?

Learning

3 Replies

Angad Singh (Lawyer)     14 July 2016

Hi Prateek

You have a valid passport and the same won't cause a problem at any of the airports. Impounding of passport is only done after a show cause notice. Even though you received one, the RPO is probably satisified with the proof you gave. Furthermore, passport can only be impounded for a total of 4 weeks under the Indian Passports Act. You don't need to worry about anything.

Mukesh sharma (job )     14 July 2016

Hi prattek you need to show a valid reason for yoiu absence and show them all proof 

thnks 

Pratteek   14 July 2016

Mr Mukesh I did send them proof, ie. My Chinese visa and flight tickets but via email. What I was worried about is that I didn't get any reply after that. Neither did I get another notice. I got a reply from Mr Harangad above saying there's nothing to worry about. I'm hoping he's right

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register