Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

palvinder (NA)     10 June 2011

Show cause notice by passport over old canceled case

Hello

I had a passport and I applied for new passport as I used to wear turban earlier. So I applied for new passport under tatkaal with Photo change as the reason. I received my passport last year. After that I have traveled outside 2 times already. Now I received a show cause notice from passport office stating I furnished worng information regarding a old case. Police has stated that although case was canceled by the Police but acceptance from Justice of court is pending.

To share my part: The case was canceled that time and we have the copy of court order with us which properly states that case has been quashed/canceled. Case was even canceled by Police within 90 days. We were told by both Police and lawyer that time now I can travel anywhere as there is no case on me.  With old passport, I have traveled many times outside India without any problem.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue and whom to approach?

Thanks

palvinder

Learning

6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     10 June 2011

issue reply notice to the show cause notice issued by the passport officer mentioning the case numjber and result of the case.

1 Like

palvinder (NA)     10 June 2011

Thanks Mr Rajeev for the kind reply.

What All I should attach with the reply? Do we need a plain letter application or stamp paper.

Does show cause notice means my passport is canceled or put on hold? I am asking this as I am returning from a business trip 2 days later.

Thanks

Palvinder

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     11 June 2011

Dear Palvinder:Do you want every answer from the legal experts for FREE? This is some type of temptation to seek further guidance which you do not expect in CHARITY.

Please submit an application with attached proof to the Passport issuing authority in India. I suppose it may be Chandigarh in your case as I guess you a Punjabi. May be I am proved wrong on this.

Show cause notice is a term used by the legal luminaries. It is just an simple reply to the questions  asked by the authorities. Your passport can not be cancelled without valid reasons or violation of passport act or if you have been convicted for a criminal case, even conviction is no bar to stop you moving abroad but ofcourse with permission of the court.

Why to get tensed on simple matters if you have not committed any crime? It is our machinery at government departments which suddenly awake from deep slumber or may be some corrupt official wanted to harass you to palm grease his palm.

Regards

bavanam ashokreddy (student)     20 January 2015

HI This is Ashok reddy .I applied passport in tatkal .i cheked the status police verification not clear it is under regional passport office.recently i chekedmy status i got show cause notice.what i have to do

bavanam ashokreddy (student)     20 January 2015

Hi friends im Ashok reddy .i"m applied for passport 3 months back ,after checking passport status it was showing like this what is this mean ?......

passport verification is not clear it is not under review regional passport office .recently i got show cause notice .what i have to do? pls give me suggestions.i want passport urgent .

Letter Reference Number : SCN/302220919/15
Scn Type : PVR Review
SCN Issue Date : 2015-01-02
SCN Status: Pending Dispatch from PO
Status Updated On:2015-01-04..

(Guest)

Hi all

i had applied for fresh passport with a address proof  which currently i am not living in. but only door number changes and i live next door. so I went ahead with applying the passport since there is no major changes and only door number differs. And after some days i saw the status in passport website as "police report not clear.. under review in Regional passport office".wen i visited the regional passport office they told me that i have to wait for show cause notice.. after which i need to reply for that and bring proof along with it.. i m really confused here... any suggestions would be appreciated... 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register