LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ritesh Jain (Self)     09 September 2017

Share in grandfathers property

Grand father (name A) acquired property and in registration the name of grand father and their sons (i.e my father and their brothers name X, Y & Z)) was mentioned. Later on after death of grandfather , my father and their son had a compromise partition by court (which is on paper by order of court). Later on , my father as well as their brothers left for heaven and NO will or assignment was made by them. Therefore, currently that property is in name of my father and their brothers with partition portion clearly stated and plot defined i.e (map marked). My father has two son and three daughters and my fathers brothers also have sons and daughters. Question: 1) Whether daughters will have share in their respective father's share in said property. 2) Whether son can sell fathers portion of land without taking consent from daughters and other two portion owners i.e other partitioned part brothers.

Learning

5 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     09 September 2017

1. Yes. 2. No

1. Yes. 2. No

1. Yes. 2. No

Digvijay Trivedi (Self Employed)     09 September 2017

Hi Ritesh Ji,

The way you have put your query it seems that either you have sound knowledge of law or you had consultation with few lawyers regarding your issue. Anyways i would like to say that every children have equal right in ancestrol property so daughters are also eligible to get share in ancestrol property. Next is No one can deprive others of their rights , i mean just like any other grand childrens your brothers and sisters also have equal rights and other siblings cannot deprive them to enjoy their right.

Krishna. Advocate (Advocate)     10 September 2017

1) Whether daughters will have share in their respective father's share in said property.

Yes.She has share in Fathers Property.

2) Whether son can sell fathers portion of land without taking consent from daughters and other two portion owners i.e other partitioned part brothers.

No.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register