Somu_Ji_2608 (.......)     04 July 2011

Share in Ansteral Property

Could anyone help me to understand my (Grandson's) coparcenary share in my deceased Grand Father's House built out of ancestral land's sale ?

Facts:

1. House was build by my Gransfather out of Ancestral wealth ( Sale of lans alloted in India/Pakistan partition).

2. My Grand father died in Nov 1993 without leaving any registered will. Grandmother also died in June 2005

3. My father & mother also died in April 2003 & Jan 1985 resp. I also have 2 paternal uncles( Cahcha) besides my father & 3 paternal Aunties(Bua), and out of them 1 paternal uncle( Chacha) & 1 paternal aunty( Bua) also died. 

4. I have possession of ground floor two room out of three and first floor is occupied by my 1st cousine.

5. We are one brother i.e. me and  4 married sisters.

Now I want to know if this house is sold say for 60 Lacs, how much share I am legally entitled being a male coparcener as per HSA and whether HSA ammendments effected 9/9/2005 entiteling my sisters to get share would also applicable to this property ? I am asking this because all my elders i.e. my Gransfather, Grand mother & my father & mother died prior to this HSA ammendment effected on 9/9/2005 enforced prospectively.

I wanted to know whether I as a Grandson have my own coparcenery share ? or my sisters also have right to claim share in this ancestral property.

I am ready to meet and engage good councel to deal with this matter.