LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GUTAM NIYOGI (retired)     23 November 2014

Settlement of pf dues at superannuation

I have superannuated from a  Kolkata based PSU  w.e.f  31.03.2014 on attaining 58 years of age . I had served the said organisation for nearly four decades with  dedication. 

Post-Superannuation, the company has not completely settled my Provident Fund dues till date. consequently, I am not receiving the monthly Pension under the Employee Family Pension scheme. This has also happened in the case of other superannuated employee of the organisation.

Moreover, the company has not paid  my salary for the last two months ( February and March'14 ) of my service tenure. The company has also not settled my Leave Salary on account of the leaves to my credit at the time of superannuation.

My repeated pleas to the company management through emails and letters to settle my PF, Pension and Leave Salary has not elicited any response so far.

What is the grievance procedure and/or legal options for settlement of my Terminal dues ?

Gautam Niyogi

Learning

6 Replies

P.THANGAVEL (ADVOCATE & LEGAL CONSULTANT)     24 November 2014

Send  a letter under RTI Act 2005 by RPAD seeking the action taken by them on your letters regarding settlement of terminal benefits.Definitely they are answerable and based on such reply you may take further action.Be hope full for good times.

P.Thangavel, Advocate & Former Senior Manager of a PSB

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 November 2014

Submit a final representation addressed to good offices of appointing authority, MD, and narrate and refer to all representation made so far and demand reply and payment/relief thru Redg. Post....so as to reach you on say.....days. Exhaust internal escalation options. The grievance redressal mechanism should be available in office/website. Thereafter you may pursue RTI route and legal route..

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 November 2014

also submit a written complaint to the RPFC regarding non-submission of your PF forms.  It is a criminal offence and EPFO can take action.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 November 2014

You may pursue the actions suggested by experts above.  Ofcourse,yours is not the only organisation which is defaulting payments due to their employees, there are many more such sick organisations looking helpless and bewildered seeing the plight of the retired employees, but the cat has to be belled, who will bell it?

GUTAM NIYOGI (retired)     29 November 2014

Thanks to all of you for your valued suggestions.

I shall certainly act on your advice.

Is there any other route, for instance, grievance lodging through Labour Commission under Ministry of Labour ?

Looking forward to more expert suggestions !

Gautam Niyogi

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 November 2014

PF dues are outside purview of LC.  The EPF Act prescribe channel for the same.

You can complain to Min of Labour but the complaint will be marked downard to RPFC (may take months).  SO why not to give complaint to RPFC direct.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register