LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R KALIMUTHU   21 November 2017

Settlement of land to daugter

Sir, Husband made a settlement of property to wife in 2012. He cancelled the settlement in 2014 due to misunderstanding with wife. But wife made a settlement of land to her daughter in 2014 stating that both mother and daughter can use the property together and after my death the property full right to daughter. Meanwhile Husband and wife applied for a divorce and got separated Sep 2015 with a judgment stating that husband understand that property has been given to daughter. He agreed. Judgment statement is mother has no right to ask for the property. But final sentence says that this property was given to Daughter and wife based on daughter good will purpose only. Judgment itself some contradiction is there. My lawer says, settlement means there should not be a will. So this property can not be sale until mother death. Only After death of mother/wife, the property belongs to daughter. My question is, shall I buy this property.? Will there be any encumbrance after some years by the above people.? I am expecting answers please.

Learning

1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 November 2017

The simple advice is do not go for a property that involves such litigations as there is no dearth of properties around.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register