LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pratija Goyal (None)     18 November 2014

Serving summons to nri husband

I made a complaint against my husband in Women Cell but unfortunately he lives abroad and i don't know his address,city he lives,phone or any details not even his passport details.In this situation how can they bring my husband back to India.

Also if anything send to his parents address on his name is rejected as his parents are legally not responsible to receive any documents on his name when their son is not living there for long also they say they don't have any contact with him.

I was told that without serving the summon the process cannot go further then how can he be served summon outside India only just knowing his name and no other details.

Learning

4 Replies

Pratap K Pushpakaran (Advocate)     18 November 2014

passport is a public document

apply under right to information act with his name, fathers name and date of birth if you know

you might get some reply. then if you know in which country he is residing sent a letter to the embassy requesting his details. 

remember all these are a possibility but not a conclusive method to trace his address

Thank you Pratap

Right to Information already tried but no response as it seems that he acquired foreign nationality.

Also wrote to the embassy but received a sorry mail saying that they cannot give personal information.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 November 2014

You can trace him through telephone number with google help.Police commissioner may assist you with the help new soft ware with police dept. 

What you mean trace him through google help ? I don't know his telephone number or he got any google account then how can i trace him.

I would like to know if anyone here knows if any method he can be served summon.Also the foreign embassy don't serve summons.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register