LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sudhakar dash   12 December 2015

Service bond and notice period

sir i have joined andhra bank as a probationary officer in may 2015 and executed a service bond of rs 200000 or to serve for 3 years ....now i am selected in ssc in ministry of external affairs and want to leave the bank.....i have given notice to leave the bank on 16-11-2015 and gave resignation on 03-12-2015 requesting to relieve me on 17-12-2015...

the are saying that i have to pay 200000 rs and also 3 months salary for notice period they provided me the standard resignation form on 08-12-2015 and said that notice period will be counted from that date ....is it fair???

in bond also it is said that if i have to resign i have to give 3 months notice and if they will terminate my services they will give only one months notice..
is it fair?????

the bank has spent 21060 rs on me as TA & DA for training of 6 days in hyderabad and 6 days in visakhapatnam....
is it fair to ask whole bond amount along with 3 months salary when they have spent only 21060 rs on me....
please guide me i can't repay such huge amounts....
the bond attached...

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 December 2015

The notice period statrst from date of notice of resignation.

No it is unfair.The contarct of employment unlike any other contract should promote equitable discretions, or it can be termed arbitrary.

The excercise is not to earn from it.

The similar query has been discussed in many threads at LCI in both Form and Experts section and you can search in seacrh option at left hand side bottom of this web page in forum and in left hand side middel of Experts section.

In one discussed case the bank employee succeeded to get back entire amount collected

1 Like

sudhakar dash   12 December 2015

can the bond be transferred to my new employer that is central govt. 

if yes then what is the procedure?????

Inquire from central govt, ministry of finance, and bank.

Inquire from central govt, ministry of finance, and bank.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register