LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Christopher Selvin (Associate Professor)     16 June 2014

Service

Reference:  UGC Regulations on minimum Qualification for appointment of Teachers....The Gazette of India, September 18, 2010(available in the NET)

Page no. 7903   

10.0 Counting of past services for direct recruitment and Promotion under CAS

10.1 Previous regular service, whether national or international,  as Assistant Professor..... in a University , college, National laboratories...... should be counted for direct recruitment and promotion under CAS....

I would like to know " What is the meaning of regular service?  Is this mean to say  "service with out any  break" or  "continuous service"

Is regular service and Continuous service with out any break are synonyms as for as University Grants Commission norms are concern?

For counting the past service rendered in various institutions for direct recruitment, is it necessary that all the previous services rendered were completed without any break?  If there is any break in service how they could be  treated?

In my case, I have worked in various colleges as Assistant Professor and there were break in service between any two institutions. Now the administrators of the university for direct recruitment  of Professor says that  there should not be any break between two services for counting my past service towards direct recruitment.

I will be grateful to the forum if anyone can give me comments on the above problem.

Thank you in advance.

C.Selvin

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 June 2014

Your administrator opinion is correct. Continuity in the classroom can be defined as the uninterrupted flow of learning. This definition can be broadened to include the consistent allocation of staff who teach one group of children, the provision of additional services (such as speech therapy or before- and after-school care) within the classroom, and the carefully orchestrated transition of the child into the next program or school level. Continuity is important in providing a sense of stability for young children. When a child's psychological needs are met, good psychological development and high achievement are most likely to occur.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 June 2014

Regular service will be termed as continuous service without break in between, thus your administrators are right in their view about this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register