LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikram Kumar (None)     05 March 2018

Selling immovable property with a samadhi built upon

Hello I am from Punjab. I own 5 Marla Agricultural Plot. Upon it i have got constructed a Samadhi in memory of my late father. Now i want to transfer this 5 Marla plot to my son. I do not agriculture upon it. Please tell me how can i transfer......whether by registered sale deed or gift deed or any other method. Some people saying that i cannot transfer this plot because there is Samadhi built upon it. Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 March 2018

May or may not be..

Apparently IT is still your private land ….

It is still not a converted into cemetery, graveyard, cremation ground, burial ground, tomb …’Samadhi’ etc as per LOCAL state laws if any or common land, gher mumkin etc .

The Samadhi is of your own father. Probably IT has NO sarcophagus..

Confirm!

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 March 2018

Have you transferred the land by a valid deed in favor of ‘Samadhi’ or some trust that manages ‘Samadhi’ as in your query?

Or ‘Samadhi’ was erected with due permission from local authority e.g; MC?

It is felt that you may be  able to transfer IT in favor of our son by a valid/registered deed and narrate the demarcation of ‘Samadhi’  in land….and ask the son to maintain IT..

Approach a very able senior Legal Counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/civil matters..and having a successful track record and worth his/her salt…and well versed LOCAL state laws/rules on such matters..

LOCAL counsels can advise yu the best..

1 Like

Vikram Kumar (None)     05 March 2018

I have not transferred the 5 Marla land to "Samadhi". No Trust manages this "Samadhi".

No permission was required from local authority to construct "Samadhi".

This is my private owned land. I am owner in Jamabandi. This "Samadhi" does not exist in Jamabandi.

Is there any law which prohibits selling such land or which prohibits registrartion of such land ?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 March 2018

The local laws/rules can be inquired from Local counsel or SRO and facts of Samadhi (with or without sarcophagus) may be discussed…

1 Like

Vikram Kumar (None)     06 March 2018

Sorry, i am not satisfied with any reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register