LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Selling gifted property

I had gifted 75% of my property before divorce petition came to my father. After divorce petition came I gifted remaining 25% of property to my younger brother. Now they are selling that property. The buyer somehow come to know that I gifted that property due to divorce case filed on me so he says get me NOC from your wife. If property was owned by me before marriage and my wife doesn't have name in the contract on what basis I should get her NOC. Now neither I not her has any right on that property but buyer says his lawyer has advices him to get NOC from my wife. How should I deal with this matter? Can my wife claim her share on this property in future?

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

If the Buyer is so particular about NOC which is not required and would invite further problems better change the Buyer

(Guest)

Some lawyers even tell them to put a public notice asking anyone who thinks has share in the property before given date. How someone can claim their share in the property if their name is not there in the property deed? People are so scared that they would believe such lawyers.

(Guest)

The advise of advocates to publish a public notice before purchase is a  legal procedure to avoid litigation in future.The seller might have entered in to some Un Registered Sale or Mortgage agreement which would not reflect in Ec.You should not make comments on advocates for this advise

(Guest)

I don't have any mortgage on my home but when lawyer says get NOC from wife which is not in law not even practical makes me feel if that's lawyer's advice or buyer is just creating a big deal out of divorce petition.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register