LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandeep saha   07 July 2015

Seeking divorce from my wife with whom i nvr stayed

We hail from West Bengal. Last year November, I did Registry Marriage under Special Marriage Act. But after Registry I came to know some unknowing facts about her past. Also,since we did the Registry,we never stayed together and now I feel to step out from this. Kindly suggest what are the things I need to to get a divorce or to get seperated? Also,kindly suggest what are all the things I need to do legally and how should I proceed? Thanking you for ur kind replies

Learning

2 Replies

SuperHero (Manager)     09 July 2015

If the marriage is not consummated then you should get the marriage nullified. NOT divorce.

Got to a Lawyer and file the case accordingly. Then the Girls parents and relatives will file as many number of cases on you and your family to extort money.

Happy Roaming Courts..

Prashant Ghai (Advocate) (PrashantGhai.com)     09 July 2015

If marriage not consummated i.e., no s*x with wife, then you can file a Petition to get your marriage annulled.

If marriage consummated, then wait for 1 year from the date of marriage and go for Mutual Consent Divorce. (If your wife agrees.)

If wife not ready for Mutual Consent Divorce, then file a regular Divorce Petition under appropriate grounds.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register