Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alpha   29 May 2018

Seeking advice regarding threatning calls.

hello,

I am getting threatening calls from my girlfriend's father as he doesn't want this marriage to happen.
Me and and girlfriend are 27, doing respectable job.

He calls and tell that his brother has criminal record and can do anything.
I have recorded all calls.
I am concerned for my family.
I am not sure whether he seriously meant this.

Should I take it seriously and report this to Police?
If yes what legal actions can be taken to ensure further security.

please advice.

Learning

11 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     29 May 2018

Protection is better than cure, if some is threatening you then reporting to police is only option you have legally.

1 Like

Adil Khan   29 May 2018

you can lodge the police report against that person under section 506 of I.P.C.

9595482526@ for further help ☺
1 Like

Alpha   29 May 2018

Thanks for reply. what kind of legal actions are possible in such cases. Since it is just telephonic threatening.

Adil Khan   29 May 2018

506. Punishment for criminal intimidation.� Whoever commits, the offence of criminal intimidation shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both; If threat be to cause death or grievous hurt, etc.�And if the threat be to cause death or grievous hurt, or to cause the destruction of any property by fire, or to cause an offence punishable with death or [imprisonment for life], or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to seven years, or to impute, unchastity to a woman, shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to seven years, or with fine, or with both. CLASSIFICATION OF OFFENCE Para I: Punishment�Imprisonment for 2 years, or fine, or both�Non-cognizable- Bailable�Triable by any Magistrate�Compoundable by the person intimidated. Para II: Punishment�Imprisonment for 7 years, or fine, or both�Non-cognizable� Bailable�Triable by Magistrate of the first class�Non-compoundable.

Adil Khan   29 May 2018

506. Punishment for criminal intimidation.— Whoever commits, the offence of criminal intimidation shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both; If threat be to cause death or grievous hurt, etc.—And if the threat be to cause death or grievous hurt, or to cause the destruction of any property by fire, or to cause an offence punishable with death or [imprisonment for life], or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to seven years, or to impute, unchastity to a woman, shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to seven years, or with fine, or with both. CLASSIFICATION OF OFFENCE Para I: Punishment—Imprisonment for 2 years, or fine, or both—Non-cognizable- Bailable—Triable by any Magistrate—Compoundable by the person intimidated. Para II: Punishment—Imprisonment for 7 years, or fine, or both—Non-cognizable— Bailable—Triable by Magistrate of the first class—Non-compoundable.

Alpha   29 May 2018

Thank you.. can complaint be registered in police station where I am write now(Gurgaon) or the city from where he is calling.(in MP)

Adil Khan   29 May 2018

Gurgaon police have the jurisdictions to lodge your compliant. For more details your can msg me on whtsaapp 9595482526

Alpha   29 May 2018

Thanks. .I will definitely contact in case it's required. It will be a great help..
1 Like

Adil Khan   29 May 2018

Gurgaon police have the jurisdictions to lodge your compliant. For more details your can msg me on whtsaapp 9595482526

Adil Khan   29 May 2018

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 May 2018

The girl being adult can marry anyone by her choice.

Hope the girl is firmly on your side and would stand by you.

With intervention of elders and girl eventually the family of girl may agree and forget such episodes..

Otherwise if you wish for threatening calls you can approach state and courts..

You may discuss with elders of your family, well wishers, and  get proper legal opinion from a very able LOCAL senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in civil/criminal matters and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules/laws and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt , before proceeding further for altercations and spoiling relations with family of girl.

Thereafter IT is entirely your choice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register