LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasad ( )     15 March 2012

Securing hand loan by transferring property

I had taken hand loan 2 yrs back and gave it to my friend, for her and her family medical expenses, who is residing in Nellore, Andhra pradesh. She is a divorcee, now her health condition is recovering, but unfortunately her mother expired and father had got expired sometime back. She is all alone, no childrens and she have one younger brother, who did not return for his parents funeral. She stays in her parent's house. Earlier when her mother was alive, her mother told me about giving the property in my name in lieu of repaying my hand loan. I being generous did not accept the proposal. But now the situation is getting critical for me, I could not meet my expenses and paying interest every month. Now, I wanted to ask my bedridden friend to transfer the property in my name, so that I can sell the property and pay the left-out money to her.

My queries to this forum members are:

What type of property transfer can be made to me from my friend?

How do i get it registered in Andhra pradesh, when I being residing in Bangalore?

How much would be the registeration cost and stamp duty for getting register in my name?, If required

Thanks in advance to all members who reply to this post.

Learning

2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     15 March 2012

If it is her self acquired property, she can transfer it to you by way of gift or tell her sell the property to pay the debt.

1 Like

Prasad ( )     17 March 2012

Mr. Rajeev thank you for your reply. The property belongs to her fathers, which her mother told me to take in lieu of repayment, but unfortunately her mother is not alive. Now how to go about in getting the property in my name. The transfer (i'm not sure like GPA to me) should be viewed as further saleable to another party by me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register