Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jacob Thomas   12 April 2016

Section 279 ipc

Respected Lawyers,
My name is Jacob Thomas. Am in a situation like, I got a notice from the judicial first class Magistrate to appear in the court on 24/04/2016. Section Charged : 279 IPC . 
I searched about 279 IPC in the internet, and i found out that "Rash driving or riding on a public way". 

But when police caught me, i was riding the bike without helmet. But i was in a low speed. because the road was very narrow and full of gutters.
They can charge me for riding the bike without helmet - 129 r/w177 MVA.
But I got 279 IPC. I haven't hit anyone. No one have complaints.
Kindly help me to tackle 279 IPC in the court. 
Thanks,

Jacob Thomas

Learning

4 Replies

Mukesh sharma (job )     13 April 2016

hi jacob police charge on you wrong case as you say that you have drive on narrow road without wear helmate and in low speed so if they cought you than they only suspend your driving lic. and seize your reg. certificate but not charge on you 279 

coz both of section different and 279 in sec IPC and your case under motor vechical act 

so plz give your statement in court and tell turth about your case   no need to worry about it 

Mukesh sharma (job )     13 April 2016

hi jacob police charge on you wrong case as you say that you have drive on narrow road without wear helmate and in low speed so if they cought you than they only suspend your driving lic. and seize your reg. certificate but not charge on you 279 

coz both of section different and 279 in sec IPC and your case under motor vechical act 

so plz give your statement in court and tell turth about your case   no need to worry about it 

(Guest)

section 129 of ipc deals with police negligently let a prisoner to escape. section 177 of mva deals with punishment for violating mva. both of the sections do not apply in your case.

https://indiankanoon.org/doc/1042889/

https://indiankanoon.org/doc/103867614/

i think section 279 partly apply in your case because you did not wear helmet.  is anybody with you at that time who might get injured in your riding ?  show the court that there was nobody to get into trouble except yourself.

(Guest)
These are bailable non cognizable offences.... Make the statement more clear specifically it doesn't matter whether you hit anyone or not under 279 IPC...your driving likely to cause hurt or endanger life....state your facts more clear and if you need you can private mssge me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register