Second marriage for a moslem man

I am an Indian moslem citizen already married with Sharia cutom. Marriage certificate issued by Qazi. Now I want to marry a divorced moslem lady from another country with out divorcing first wife.

- What are the options available to me for this second marriage to be registered in India.

-  Is it possible to get nikahnama from a Qazi for second marriage and get it registered in court?

- Is it possible to get married in court without concent of first wife?


Although you can marry four ladies concurrently as per Sharia, yet you will have to seek consent of your wife, it would be advisable to maintain one and only one.


As per me you can marry as per muslim law but you cannot have registered marriage. 


To get her citizenship u have to register it if first.wife doesn't objects u may gaAurantee

Consent of the first wife is a pre-requisite under the Muslim Law. Moreover, you need permission  from the competent authority if you are a Government employee.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu