LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jitendra   05 September 2015

Second marriage by Girl without getting divorced

Hi Everyone I need Experts advice on this matter as soon as possible pls.

The thing is, I Fell in love with a girl 5 years and me n the girl got married in a court(legally) in march 2010, after that she was staying with her parents and me with mine, both agreeing tat we will tell our parents at the right moment.. but the girl married another guy, with parents pressure, she did not even reveal tat she is alrady married.. i did not know abt this fact, she wanted a breakup n gave her time to think.. but she loves me i know but due to emotional pressure she accepted the marriage.. she married three months back.. i want to knw how can i get her back.. i dnt mind n i dont care if she married n lived with other guy for 3 months. all i knw is tat i love her.. even she loves me but she aint saying it due to family situtations.. i want to go legally abt all this.. how do i do this? is their any chance the other guy cud file a complaint upon a girl for fraud? pls guide me.. i want her back... i love her so much... n if i let go? is der a problem tat could arise in near future due to the fact that we had court marriage..?

Or Do  I let her go? But i really cant.. will der be any problem tat cud arise for her in future??

Learning

23 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     05 September 2015

the second marriage is not legally valid and is void.either you or her husband or even the relatives can file a case of bigamy and other relevant sections on the girl and she could be subjected to imprisonment if proved in the court

1 Like

But Y girl.. all she did was because of her parents pressure.. what cud be the imprisonment or is ther just fine?

Is der a way i can save her from criminal proceedings????

S Singh   06 September 2015

The girl is fooling you.

If you have good feelings for her now you know her intentions.

Parents pressure is just a blame she is matured enough,  you might not be a fit Candidate otherwise why wouldn't she despite of being married would again marry to another person?

Is there no police station in our country? 

Take a strong stand be a man.

Initiate criminal proceedings against her.

You love her but she doesn't love you. You understand. 

Krishna Murthy Pasupula (High Court Advocate )     06 September 2015

1. Second marriage, in the course of the continuation of the first marriage, is illegal in India
  2. One of the condition in Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, for a valid marriage was that neither party should have a living spouse at the time of the marriage.
  3. Always be open-minded for discussions and for the amicable solutions, first apply for MCD

Krishna Murthy Pasupula:: Advocate- Hyderabad ::  pasupulaw@gmail.com

(Guest)

Ethically.  Your marriage is illegal now that she has married someone legally in the eyes of the society, societal marriage is more legal than anythihng else.

But as others have said above, hers now is a illegal marriage as she was already maried to you in court, she should have taken divorce from you and then remarried.

that is the legal procedure.

Now you can file case on her saying that she commited adultery, proof is wedding card and someone who has attended such marriage.

But once you take legal recourse, you and her and her new husband all are doomed.

So think what you want, she already married someone else, shows that she sees you as a good for nothing, or else she being major would have stood by her decision and stayed with you, My say is she is not worth it, even to fight a case.  If you fight case, then your life will be destroyed not hers, as law wont punish her for commiting adultery, such is the hapless situation of Indian law.

Like she married soeone else, you also marry someone else instead of weeping over her petticoat.

Jitendra   06 September 2015

can i get her back.. i knw she loves me.. met her two days back.. i cud knw... i was not knowing tat she got married.. all i want to knw is, can she be saved from criminal proceedings if initiated by tat man.. n as u say, if i move on n marry someone else, n wat my new wife initiate a criminal proceedings against me for bigamy.. since i m married to another woman.. i can tell the new girl tat i was in a relationship but cannot say tat i was married n living without divorce... n wat if her husband finds out in near future tat she was married for 5 years n leave her then?

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     06 September 2015

Even after she has ditched U I feel sorry for Ur love and concern toward  her.Hiding the marriage  has destroyed UR life.

Well ,as U married in court no one can dispute it.Legally she is bound to face hurdles as her second marriage is void in all aspects,as it amounts to suppression of earlier marriage.

In future U will not have any problems with her present husband,she will be person who has to face law.She must have already started her new marital life,but still U want her back in UR life.

If U want to avoid future complications,immediately file a case on her of abondenment,desertion and remarriage without legally divorcing the first marriage.

U must be possessing the marriage certificate,that's enough .

Jitendra   06 September 2015

tats wat i dont want.. i dnt want her to face any problems now or in future... i m ready to accept her now also.. n if i let go she should be happy n shld never face any problems at all.. so tell me will it be better to talk to her parents n bring her back now or staying quite and let her live her life.. i dnt want to file any case upon her... is der a way her husband could find out tat she was married earlier other than me saying it... yes she is leading her marital life.. its just been three months.. i think its better to bring her back now than 5years later wen her new husband dumps her.. wat i feel is, if tat man comes to knw tat she was married earlier, ders no way tat he wud forgive her... coz they r brahmins by caste n believe in some nonsense sh*t.. n no, i m not good for nothing.. i m a practicing chartered accountant... its not tat i wasnt fit for her.. she said yes for the marriage, only reason being she cudnt face her parents... i want my wife back :-( :-( :'-( :'-).. maybe i m selfish here, coz i m in no position to accept tat she is not with me anymore... shall i fite or not.. i dnt want to file a case against her n second i dnt want to marry other girl by hiding the fact tat i m already married.. yes i posses the marriage certificate in original... pls help me.. i m so confused here..

(Guest)

Contact a criminal lawyer locally, stop wasting time here in online forum.

Jitendra   07 September 2015

I have decided.. I m not gonna file any case upon her.. i will let her live her life peacefully... I want her to be happy n not create any mess in her life now.... anyway.. thanks everyone for ur replies. thanks a lot... "usne kiya, na kiya ho lekin maine toh usse pyaar hi kiya he"

I have decided.. I m not gonna file any case upon her.. i will let her live her life peacefully... I want her to be happy n not create any mess in her life now.... anyway.. thanks everyone for ur replies. thanks a lot... "usne kiya, na kiya ho lekin maine toh usse pyaar hi kiya he"

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     07 September 2015

Imagine if you had done the same thing, she would have got you arrested and sent you to jail. Why have sympathy for her.  Drag her to Court and get arrested

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register