Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Learner (xxx)     10 July 2012

Second marriage

Hello,

Past three years I have gone through lot of troubles of unhappy married life and subsequently girl's side levelling unscrupulous charges on me under section 498A/406 IPC. Finally, I got divorce last year and FIR against me was quashed in High Court this year. I got in touch with another girl through a matrimonial site recently and her and my parents also met once with the matrimonial objective in mind. We have already showed them the divorce papers and are willing to show them again if they want to go through them once again. They were ok after seeing the divorce papers initially, but now they are asking for the copy of these papers. These papers talk about my ex-wife address and FIR number and the police station where it was registered.

God forbid! Though I will try my level best to make this second marriage a success, but if this also turns into a failure because I dont know the girl's side completely as it being an arranged marriage through a matrimonial site, then can the girl's side misuse the information (FIR No., my ex-wife contact details and other information) in my papers to their gain?

Please advise.

Kind Regards,

Learning

6 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     10 July 2012

All they can do is they can contact your ex wife and ask her about you and the actual reasons for divorce. These papers are not confidential, they can obtain the copies from the court also if they want. They show that such cases were filed upon you. Legally there is no harm in giving them copies. 

Smriti (xyz)     10 July 2012

Hi,

Its always better to keep the things transparent , yo should know one thing that the divorce rate of second marriage is much higher than first marriage, i am going thrw with same situation got married through one of the matrimonial website and within one year its mess.. so better if they break the marriage now if not finding comfortable rather than creating mess in future, dont take any decision in hurry and marry with the person who is ready to get merry with you after knowing all the reality of your life, if she can trust you now she will trust you forever in future, if they have some doubts in mind then she may create trouble and torture in future, so better keep things transperant and once get married dont suspect the girl and let go the past... never ever bring your past in your existing marriage, read as many as articles possible to make second marriage successful, it will help.

Thanks

CS Sandip (ILO)     10 July 2012

You are not suceed in first marriage so how can you will sucess in second marriage? Obviously the answer of this question logically 'not'.

You might be going for second marriage due to love and affection but ..........

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     10 July 2012

Ms. Smrithi is absolutely correct.  Give full opportunity to the opposite party to probe as much as possible before the marriage and come to a well thought decision and after that they are O.K. with marriage, then your second marriage life will not run into disturbed weather from their side. 

Rakesh (Advocate)     10 July 2012

be transparant and positvie and wait for another one year thereafter think about second marriage, and plz dont hide anything to girl with whom you wants to marry.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     10 July 2012

No harm can be done to you except as aforesaid getting in touch with your wife, god forbid if the second marriage too hits rough weather they wont be able to use it to their advantage for the simple reason that it was QUASHED which speaks volumes as to the fact that it was a mala fide and baseless case. In fact may fetch you sympathy points - of being on the receiving end of these laws !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register