LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shanthi Revu (Pharmecist)     11 October 2014

Second marriage

Hi i am shanthi 29 christian married with 6 years old girl. I have applied for divorce under judicial seperation a year ago in 2013. But he is refusing to divorce me even am not asking for child coustody nor maintainance or alimony or any he is refusing because i have enough property on my name from ma parents. So i was in a living relationship with a muslim man with agreeing of his family for 6 months. Then my husband filed a case on that muslim family and boy for so many sections with help of my family members and his family which is compromised in court. Now my parents have decided to marry me with the muslim boy with whom i was in a relationship for 6 months. I am not legally divorced what will be the consequence if i marry the muslim boy in a register office witnessing my parents ? Is there any problem to the boy or his family with this marriage ? what if i leave this country with the boy ? please suggest! what rights would my husband have to trouble me or that boy and his family to trouble in future ? 

Learning

4 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     11 October 2014

@ Author,

1. Only with a judicial separation decree in hand which requires no further confirmation (as Divorce Decree) you can re-marry and not before that is my view as per typical Personal Laws of the parties to this query before me. 

2. Unless above happens you cannot re-marry the other man in your life with whom you say you are in live-in relationship. It is not permissible in law and if you do so it will create problems for you as well as for that Muslim man too. Even Registration of marriage in a subsisting marriage of yours cannot happen as you are already legally married to your current husband as per parties Personal Laws and only judicial separation petition is pending further adjudication and unless para 1 happens you are not allowed to remarry. Hence wait for the Court to announce award.   

3. As far as custody of child concerns, since you are not keen on child custody you can rescind such claims during proceedings under your Personal laws.

4. Leaving Country and or changing religion to re-marry in a subsisting marriage will not help you nor it will help this Muslim man in your life.  Hence not advised to act upon in hurry even if your parents agree or the Muslim man agrees. 

5. You have no other legal remedy as per your Personal Laws available to you until your judicial separation under S. 22 IDA happens. 

[Last reply] 

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     11 October 2014

Till you get divorce decree, you are not entitled to marry as per law and if you do so at your own peril.  

Jimmy (Manager)     12 October 2014

Advice: Now dump Muslim boy and find a Hindu boy. After six more months, dump Hindu boy and find Buddhist boy, continue... W hen you are done with living with boys from all religions, try live-in relationships with animals.  

henriettarexach (New York City)     12 October 2014

ATTN PLS, am sending my testimony to everyone out there, that is either in my shoe or needs help one way or the other. My names is Henrietta, and i want to share with you all about my relationship breakup back then, which almost lead me to frustration and unhappy life experience. I was married to my ex divorced Husband 2 year and 11 months ago. My husband, I and and our pretty kid was happily living in peace and harmony. But, few months ago my Husband started acting strange to me. Unknown to me, he has been engaging him self online with another woman, which he was keeping from me as a secret. But few weeks ago, i caught him on our computer, mailing this woman. And, when i asked him who she was, he told me that, she was just a friend. The message conversation caught my attention and i decided to go through it. To my surprise, my husband have been dating this woman on my behalf for some period of time. Immediately, after i noticed that, i began to quarrel with him and all he could told me, was that he never loved me, that we should go for a divorce. I thought he was saying it from anger due to the situation at hand as at that moment. Because of the love i had for him, i never wanted to support it, although it happened, i still did not give up on him. I was looking for solution to get him back home. so i went in search on how i can get back my husband. Well, along my search, i saw a testimony of a woman on how Prophet Irabor was able to restore back her marriage home. Immediately, i copied the email address and decided to give a try. After following all the procedures and instructions given to me by Prophet Irabor, within the space of 2 days, my husband gave me a call and started begging me that he was sorry for what has happened between us. And because i love him so much, i quickly responded to him that i have forgiven him and told him to come back home. Me and my husband are now living happy married life again. All respect and honour to you Prophet Irabor, for the Help you have render to me and my family. Sir, i pray God Strengthen you...If you need his help, you can email him on (prophetiraborcharles@hotmail.com)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register