Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter

Search for Lawyers          

Please Wait ..

Discussion > Criminal Law > Procedure > Sec. 451 CRPC DISPOSAL OF PROPERTY   Unanswered Threads Post New Topic

Pages : 1

There are 1 Replies to this message

valentine

Advocate
[ Scorecard : 363]
Posted On 13 July 2010 at 19:43 Report Abuse

Dear All,

Secs. 451 to 456 CRPC deal with the disposal of property i.e. muddamaal. Now my query is whether the property like car, bike, scooter, valuables can be handed over to the owner without the order of the court or the order is mandatory? In my opinion, if the trial is long-stretched, the muddamaal can be handed over after verification if it is lying in the police custody for long. There is a provision U/S 452 for quick disposal of livestock or material having less shelf life, but the law is silent on the property like motor vehicles consficated by police or produced before the court in a trial. Please give citations as I have to take possession of such property from police urgently and police is insisting on court order. 

Member (Account Deleted)

Advocate
[ Scorecard : 5650]
Posted On 14 July 2010 at 18:32 Report Abuse

Yes. Sir, court order is required.  In these days, even the material of "jama talashi", which is not case property is also not being released by police without court order.

Total thanks : 1 times

Related Files

Previous Thread
Previous
Next Thread
Next