Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikrant Desai (None)     23 April 2014

Sec 406 non-dowry case

Hi

The case against me is as follows - 

The complainant is a jeweller and I knew him as a friend and customer. He claims that he had a necklace worth Rs 2 lac made for his wife. When I visited him one day, he showed the necklace to me. I said that I like it and would show it to my wife. Once I took it away, he claims that I left town and did not return the necklace. He says that this is why he has filed a complaint u/s 406. I was arrested and released by court on bail. The necklace was recovered from my brother-in-law.

My story is as follows - 

I knew the jeweller and used to frequent his home periodically. He is the president of the local jeweller's association and a known moneylender. In fact, I had ordered many pieces of jewellery from him in the past and also ordered this particular necklace. I took delivery of the necklace but told him that I will pay him in a few days as I was going thru a cash crunch. After a few days I went on a pilgrimage to haridwar and vaishno devi. He deals with the police everyday as he is president of association and he helps jewellers who buy stolen gold. He apparently found my house locked and thought I had run away. The police arrested me in bhatinda in Punjab where I was attending satsang and brought me back to solapur. I immediately returned the necklace to him. He claims that he has spent Rs 2 lacs on travelling and bribes to police so he wants that amount too. I say that this was a simple credit transaction and he took it to the police so I will not pay for his expenses. Now the case is ready for hearing.

My lawyer suggests - 

1. That mere possession of property is not criminal breach of trust.

2. That it is not easy to beleive that the complainant will just entrust such a valuable necklace to someone he knew only for about 6 months.

Please suggest any strategy that comes to your mind. I will appreciate it greatly. Please also ask any questions that you may have.

Thanks 

Vikrant Desai

+91 8483 935 666

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register