Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S Pal (na)     22 July 2014

Search/validate requisition for construct/reconstruct

Hello,

I have identified a flat for purchase under the South DumDum Municipality area which is under construction by a local promoter.

The initial Sanctioned Building Plan is a G+3 structure, however the promoter has happily constructed an additional floor and construction is in full swing ( almost 80% complete )

When I enquired about the approved plan for the Top Floor, the promoter handed over a photocopy of a "Form B" that he has submitted to South DumDum Municipality to enlist the 4th Floor ( Top ) in the overall building plan.

My Question to all learned Law Practitioners in Kolkata and DumDum. How can I verify the authenticity of the promoter's claim ? Whether the promoter has actually applied to legalize the Top Floor via the Form B or maybe he has requested to legalize minor alterations eg. Extra Balcony, Parking Lot, etc and thus taking me for a ride into believing  his claim and proceed with the sale agreement ?

Whom do I reach out to or contact in the SDDM who can verify the purpose of the Form B submitted by the promoter and assure ? Are there agents who can help expedite my request ? Any contacts ?

Please help as I am dependent on this last piece of information before I go ahead with the Sale Agreement and pay 20% of the overall cost on 01-Aug-2014.

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 July 2014

A mere application for regularising the deviation will not entitle him to construct anything as per his own will and wish.  He has to get approval or else the building is liable to get demolished atleast to the extent of deviation.  You may visit the concerned office in person to get clarified furnishing the details in an application or can file a RTI application and get the information which would enable you to proceed with the issue accordingly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register