Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhi (law student)     18 April 2015

Screen shots as evidence

dear experts!

Are screen shots taken by laptop and later printouts of the same are obtained, can be produced in evidence?

please do throw light on provisions enabling it and also the way as to how evidence should be presented in court of law.

Learning

6 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     18 April 2015

Sir, Yes documentary evidence .... Warm Regards Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     18 April 2015

Yes, can be taken as evidence. Not print outs but the soft copy of screen shot.

ashish (hr)     20 April 2015

dear sir,

i just helped to my friends by some handsome amount. against the amount he has given me check and stamp paper as a cover note.( which mention the amount is recevied by him as a loan).

now this time he is moved to out of city, and stop all the communication with me, he has blocked my number, unfriend from facebook list.

i dont know where he is?

please suggest me, what should i do?

Thanks...

Ashish kumar

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     20 April 2015

@Abhi, those are valid documentary evidence.  Proving them in the court of law requires elaborate procedure.

@Ashish: Till you know his office or residence address, you cannot do anything.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 April 2015

@Abhi:  Though they can be considered as secondary evidence, it will depend on how you will prove its veracity or authenticity. Consult your lawyer on further issues in this regard.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 April 2015

@Ashish: You should use your own thread to post your queries, on others thread you can give your opinion and not your own query.

Well, for the present you can issue notice and send summons to his last known address, in the meantime you should put efforts to locate his present address where he is hiding and arrange to send summons to that address.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register