Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

adityak   14 May 2015

Scn with status applicant reply received

Hi Experts,

I have a query regarding the Show Cause Notice that I have received recently against my Passport re-issue application and I need your guidance.

I had applied for a Passport re-issue on 05/03/2015 in Tatkal mode from Rajkot, Gujarat. Actually I stay at my hometown only and I travel as per my project work. So due to project work, I had stayed to 4 different places in past one year - 2 months in my hometown, 2 months abroad, 5 months in Pune, and 3 months in Bangalore (this is in reverse chronology sequence). In the Passportindia.gov.in website, there was provision for only 3 addresses to be mentioned so I mentioned hometown, abroad and Pune addresses.

Then I got my passport issued to me on 10/03/2015. On 20/03/2015, the police verification was also completed.

Now on 28/04/2015, one SCN letter was issued by the RPO Ahmedabad stating that "mention the reason why you suppressed any information and why should not impound your passport ... ".

So I visited the Commissioner office of Rajkot to know the reason of this SCN letter. They mentioned that my PVR states I have lived in my hometown address since my birth which is correct, but in my passport application there are 3 different addresses. So the Commissioner office filed adverse report. They were also kind enough to guide me, and I visited the RPO Ahmedabad office on 11/05/2015.

At RPO Ahmedabad office, the officer told me that my present address and previous 2 addresses mentioned in the passport re-issue application are already verified. But they want me to mention all the addresses where I have leaved in previous one year (i.e., my hometown, abroad, Pune and Bangalore addresses). So I gave them these address in written. After giving this letter, they told me that the RPO office will resend a fresh Police verification and I will have to appear again.

Now the situation is that, the SCN status is showing "Applicant reply received". But when I visited the Commissioner office of Rajkot, they said that RPO office has still not sent any police verification request.

So experts, please let me know what steps will be followed now and how much time it might take to clear my SCN?

Actually, I have to travel abroad (Australia) again in couple of weeks. So let's say my police verification is done within this time then can I travel to Australia with the same passport?

Thank you in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

bsrao   14 May 2015

You just hve to wait. It is all because, you were too candid while filling the form. Had you filed only one address, this should not have happened. Now that you gave an explanation, you need to wait for the process to be complete as multiple addresses are involved.

1 Like

adityak   14 May 2015

Dear Mr BS Rao,

Thank you for your feedback.

Just a question: Is there any way to speed up the process? Also, if no police verification happens by the time I have to travel abroad, can I travel with this new passport?

Thanks in advance.

Prakhar Jain   17 April 2023

Hi Aditya,

Please can you share the update on the above that how much time did it take to change the status from "Applicant reply received' to the next stage, and also if you can also mention the next stages?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register