LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srinivas (advocate )     17 July 2013

Scanned vakalath

One of my oppenent has filed a Scanned Vakalath of person who lives in USA for case in Karnataka . Otherwise the procedure what I knew is we send Vakalath pre printed copy or typed copy of Vakalath Format . the person who intended to tobe petitioner/Plaintiff  or resposndent /Defendant will sign in presence of Notary or advocate attesting the sign in his presence and that copy to be sent to the concerned court with Signature of acceptenance . Please Any one of Clarify or If Any latest case laws is aviable on this matter help me

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     17 July 2013

whether he has given any undertaking to the effect that original vakalatnama ill be submitted in due course or it is countersigned by indian embassy or legal counsel of USA for verification that opponent have signed before him. If not then you may take objection on such submission.

Arpit lalan (Legal Consultancy/Advocate)     20 July 2013

Futher to the above reply, you also need to note that it is not necessarily that the Plaintiff or Respondent has to sign the vakalatnama in presence of the Advocate. It can be signed by their advocate, then handed over to the Respondent/ plaintiff and they can as per time convienience sign it and then in return send it to their advocate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register