Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srikanth (lecturer)     01 October 2014

Salary not paid by college

Sir,

I was working in Basava Academy of Engineering , Bangalore, as lecturer since sep2012. The college was  disaffiliated on august 2014. They have not paid the salary of june, july, august 2014 for all the staff including principal till now. The Engineering college is runned by SBMS trust. We have complained to University , but they have not taken any action till now. If we approach the chairman or secretary they are just postponing without telling the exact date. Can I complain to labour inspector or commissioner? or should I approach Lawyer ?

Learning

4 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     01 October 2014

Approach a  lawyer .. see classic text book case :

Anandi Mukta Sadguru Shree Mukta ... vs V.R. Rudani & Ors on 21 April, 1989

DISCLAIMER : General information and advice provided is without any warranties as to suitability for any use, correctness and application to any specific case. Please always take proper legal counsel . However, if it helped anyone even a little a " thanks" via the " Thank Contributor " button would be appreciated and would encourage me to keep on making efforts :-) . I am also always open to corrections and further learnings from more experienced Seniors here.

srikanth (lecturer)     01 October 2014

Originally posted by : Hardeep

Approach a  lawyer .. see classic text book case :

Anandi Mukta Sadguru Shree Mukta ... vs V.R. Rudani & Ors on 21 April, 1989

DISCLAIMER : General information and advice provided is without any warranties as to suitability for any use, correctness and application to any specific case. Please always take proper legal counsel . However, if it helped anyone even a little a " thanks" via the " Thank Contributor " button would be appreciated and would encourage me to keep on making efforts :-) . I am also always open to corrections and further learnings from more experienced Seniors here.

Thanks a lot Sir, Can you kindly advice aTop lawyer or firm who can deal the above case in Bangalore.

Hardeep (Business)     01 October 2014

Sorry I have no idea about lawyers - in Bangalore or elsewhere - so can't suggest.

At this stage you can work on collecting of all affected, finding total amounts due, gathering evidence, sending out formal pleas and getting replies etc. You could approach the zonal labor office and get their advice also - sometimes teachers have been held covered under the labor laws .Keep track and record of all meetings. All this would help later.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 October 2014

Mr. Hardeep has suggested a fitting judgment.....................

Supreme Court of India

Anandi Mukta Sadguru Shree Mukta ... vs V.R. Rudani & Ors 

https://indiankanoon.org/doc/1728255/?type=print

As rightly advised you should certainly approach an able Labor Law Consultant/Service Lawyer-Law firm handling Writ and proceed further under expert advise of your lawyer.

All affected employees may join hands and approach Teachers Associations too.

As per various judgments the teachers are not covered as 'Workman' as in ID Act............................

There is no harm in inquiring with o/o Labor Commissioner.........................

The college for private gain might have registered under (Name of the state) Shops and Commercial Establishments Act and you might be covered under def. of 'Employee'...................

However let your lawyer finally opine on it.

If you wish to search for lawyer thru LCI databank you can conduct search at;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/lawyers_search/#.VCvf4GeSwb8

Your near and dear ones, union leaders can also guide you.............

Attached File : 336469753 fitting judgement for teachers.docx downloaded: 64 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register