LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

HARISH BHAT C (Senior Officer)     02 October 2013

Salary fixation

We are very thankful for taking over of Nitrogen plant employees, wrist while Essel Mining Industries Limited. By virtue of Business transfer all the employee have become the bonafied employees of MRPL PSU company (a subsidiary of ONGC). The Services of all the employees were transferred to MRPL with effect from 01.04.2007 without interruption of services by virtue of this agreement.  

In my context, I would like to inform you that my monthly salary was fixed at Rs. 14770/- (then min. basic of Rs. 8930/-) after giving due weightage to the services rendered at Nitrogen plant and also comparing it to best suited existing employee at MRPL. Thus my salary was brought at par with the existing employees to comply with the Business transfer agreement.

Long term settlement was executed to align the pay with PSU structure. It is found that my basic salary was fixed at Rs. 14800/- (Which is the Min Basic of aligned PSU scale)  which left me to draw salary far less than the existing similar graded employees. All the salary, ad hoc, reiumbursments etc paid to me till the date of execution of the Long term service agreement by which my revised salary was fixed. After such recovery from the revised structure of pay a Negative figure of Rs 282663/- was arrived at. To make up this negative salary an amount of Rs. 15000/- p.m. is also deducted from salary. 

I had made requested the management for early fixation of my Basic salary vide my letter dated 28.02.20011. But Till Jan 12 this negative salary process and its recovery from my monthly salary was continued.

During the period of recovery I had made pre mature withdrawal of Investments, ULIP etc which were forming part of my income after retirement. This withdrawal was to suffice my financial requirement due to increased committiment.

In the month of Jan 12, ad hoc of Rs. 4310/- p.m was made to recover of the entire negative salary   and then onwards this ad hoc of Rs. 4310/- p.m were continued to be received. The ad hoc does not qualify for  terminal benefits such as DA, HRA, PF & other retrials.

What is suggested whether I should put a writ and fight the case individually?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register