Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pradeep (Business Manager)     14 December 2011

Salary cheque bounce

Dear Experts,

My Name is Pradeep Gupta. i was working with Naam Infotech pvt. Ltd. Employer fired me with out any notice and  they gave me post dated cheque for 50000/- rupee for my 2 month salary(July and Aug). date for the cheque is 13 dec 2011. but when i deposited this cheque in the bank. cheque was bounced due to lack on money in account of employer.

so plz tell me what i have to do in this matter.

Pradeep Gupta

Learning

21 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     14 December 2011

It amounts to legally payable debt.  Issue notice thru., and advocate and after following the procedure file a complaint u/s 138 of NI in the court.

NOTTAM VENKATASAMY (Director Nottam Law Associates)     14 December 2011

YOUR EMPLOYER GAVE THE CHEQUE TO YOU FOR YOUR SALARY IT IS PURELY LEGAL LIABILITY, THAT CHEQUE IS HONOUR BY HIM DEFINITELY IT IS A BOUND DUTY OF HIM BUT THE SAID CHEQUE WAS DIS HONOURED BY HIM IT IS AN OFFENCE SO YOU CAN SUE AGAINST YOUR EMPLOYER THROUGH NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENTS ACT

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     14 December 2011

Dear Pradeep,

Employer is liable to pay. you can file civil as criminal complaint under section 138 N.I.Act.

Rajiv Bhasin

Advocate

Bhasin & Associates

9811210505, 9868635640

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     15 December 2011

Agreed with experts.

Send the notice to the company and then follow it up with a complaint u/s 138 NI.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     15 December 2011

Dear Pradeep

You have one moth time to issue a legal  demand notice  & in notice 15 days time is requirment. after complition 15 days of notice you can file a compalint u/s 138 NI Act against him within one month. you can also file a civil suit for recovery u/O 37 Cpc.

feel free to call

sachin152 (student)     15 December 2011

Agreed with experts.

you complaint u/s 138 NI and send the notice to the company.

Gorimaa..B (Law Student)     15 December 2011

Give notice to ur  employer  within 30 days  from receiving  the info.and if the employer fails to pay within 15 days of receipt of notice then u can  lodge a complaint with Metropolitan Magistrate or Judicial Magistrate of first class against your employer within   1 month from the last day on which the employer should have paid the amount. It is an offence u/s138 of the Negotiable Instrument .And the Punishment for this is - imprisonment upto 2 years and fine upto  twice the amount of cheque  or both.

Pradeep (Business Manager)     15 December 2011

Dear Experts,

When i have joined the company only one one employer was there but after one week he introduced me rest of 3 partner.

Now a days they all are fighting for main owership in company they din't pay employee salary from last 3 months.

when i try to contact them. they are not picking any call.

sachin152 (student)     15 December 2011

Dear Pradeep

i understandypur problem. so  call me Phone : +91-11-24622216, Fax : +91-11-24654364

akash kapoor (*************)     15 December 2011

I AGREE WITH RAJOO SIR

Pradeep (Business Manager)     16 December 2011

Dear Experts,

Please send the format for the notice to my employer for cheque bounced.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     16 December 2011

If you have to fight legal battle take legal help since mistake in notice is fatal..

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     18 December 2011

Send notice on your facts and don't rely on readymade notices.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Pradeep (Business Manager)     20 December 2011

Dear Experts,

Please tell me how can i send the notice to employer.

i can send notice by myself

otherwise i should hire a advocate for draft a notice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register