Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gsrsatyam   19 February 2016

Safe keys change

Sir.

I am a Bank officer and joint custodian of safe keys.  Another set is with cashier.  I was on sanctioned sick leave on 21&22 September 2011 and manager directed me to go and bring other set of keys from cashier.  As I could not go, and as I am joint custodian, I have asked the concerned temporary part time sweeper (TPTS) who brought the message, to go and get the cashier set of keys and hand it over to Manager. Manager of same rank issued me a memo for not bringing the keys myself and asking TPTS to bring keys from cashier. The lady manager entered into argument and filed an SC atrocity case, without informing bank management against me.  I was called to the police station and though no FIR was registered asked to sign a compromise, finally with undertaking to pay lever changing charges to extent of Rs.64,000/

I have represented  to my higher authorities about this handling of keys by TPTS.  Higher official taking my letter into consideration, and the unauthorised and nominal undertaking given to police as my admission ordered to immediately change of levers to the safe and for recovery of that charges from me. . My only mistake is asking TPTS to bring the keys, instead of myself going as I am a joint custodian, and as I have a set of keys with me, but I never directed that cashier to give the keys to TPTS myself.

The levers were changed after 11 months i.e on 5-11-2012 & 31-01-2013 ( the same 3 safes were uninterruptedly operated by the different staff for the last 11 months) and I was compelled to reimburse the money by debiting to my account, treating it as financial loss.

Against this I have appealed to the Board, as it was treated as penalty under disciplinary proceedings, but the appeal was never put before the board, and disciplinary authority himself took a decision and written a letter that this matter can not be considered further and treated as closed.  I am aggrieved because my appeal was disposed by the same authority who imposed penalty, without issuing charge sheet, without inquiry, without my explanation. Now the issue was 4 years old, and I was retired from the Bank on 31-08-2015.  As principals of natural justice was never followed even in one step as laid down in Rules and regulations, I wish to file writ before High Court.  Some advocates say that limitation period was over.

Some say as final grievance was not disposed by competent authority the issue is still in action stage. I will be thankful for receiving further guidance to me as to limitation period, the competent court where I can proceed for recovery of the money which Bank considered as financial loss, and exonerating all others.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register