I have joined a software company in the last month and I have completed almost 30 days in that company. Till now I have not got any work. Daily I am going to office and coming back. and Not even got any calls from any of the team regarding the requirement in their projects. So I would like to leave the company.
The clauses in apointment letter are as follows:
1. Your employment with the Company is subject to termination on Two month's prior notice by either side.
2. The Company reserves the right to, at its sole discretion, substitute the notice period by paying
you salary in lieu of the notice period.
3. For abundant caution, it is hereby clarified that you cannot waive the notice period requirement
in the event you wish to terminate your employment with the Company, and that your
termination/resignation letter (by whatever name it is called) will be accepted by the Company
only on your satisfying the required notice period as stated in our Company’s HR handbook.
Further, till such time as the Company accepts your resignation letter, you will be deemed to
be an employee of the Company and the terms and conditions of your employment will still
continue to bind you.
4. The Company shall have the right to terminate your employment immediately without notice or
payment in lieu of notice if:
a) You neglect, refuse, fail or for any reason become unable to perform any of your duties
under this agreement or comply with the Company policies and code of conduct. or
b) You are guilty of any misconduct whether or not in the performance of your duties
(including but not limited to being an undischarged insolvent, being convicted by any
criminal court, being involved in fraudulent acts, etc) or commit any act which in the
opinion of the Company is likely to bring the Company any disrepute whether or not such
act is directly related to the affairs of the Company; or
C) You commit any breach of any of your duties or obligations under this agreement or the
policies of the Company.
d) There is a discrepancy in the copies of the documents/certificates given by you as a proof
in support of the information provided by you.
In the event of termination under Clause 8.4.2, you shall not be entitled to any benefits
I dont want to serve the notice period and more over any work is not assigned to me in this period. so I want to get releaved in a day or two.
Please suggest on the below questions.
1. Is it necessory to serve the two month notice period? even if the work is not assigend to me.
2. Is there any alternate option if I dont want to serve the notice period ?.
3. Is it enough if I send a resignation or Is it necessory to Get the acceptance of resignation?
4. Is it necessory to get the releaving letter (to make sure there there will not be any legal issues)