Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit (Engineer)     09 July 2015

Rti reply not received in 48 hours(even 7 days passed ) unde

Dear Sirs,

I filled 3 RTIs to police to get information to get certified copy of bail bond, 2 hour detentions details(how many hours detention happened, from which time to which time) and CAW cell attendance records under RTI act 7(1) of life and liberty, since my AB for 498a/406 is pending in supreme court, and in high court order AB is cancelled on the ground that I didn't join the investigation. But I joined the investigation and for showing the same in Supreme Court I filled the RTIs.

I could see from Indian Speed Post website that RTI applications are received by PIO 7 days prior but he didn't replied to any of them yet.

What should I do now? Possibilities that come to my mind are:

1. I should sent a reminder, mentioning it a clear violation of RTI act 2005 and violation on basic human right of freedom and legal action against PIO if no information provided in 24 hours.
2. Wait for 30 days.
3. Instead of waiting for 30 days, move to appellant authority.

Kindly suggest.

Learning

2 Replies

Prashant Ghai (Advocate) (PrashantGhai.com)     09 July 2015

You need to wait till the expiry of 30 days. If you do not receive the desired information, or if you are not satisfied with the information recieved, you can file an Appeal under Section 19 of the RTI Act before the Central Information Commission within a period of 30 days.

Amit (Engineer)     09 July 2015

Dear Prashan Sir,

The RTI application was made under 7(i) of RTI act 2005, under life and liberty clause. In which information has to be provided in 48 hours.

Please confirm in this case also do I have to wait for 30 days or I may apply after 48 hours to appleant authority?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register