LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aravind   25 February 2017

Rti info

Hi , I have two land properties which are there in Mysore, both are of the same size but in different locations within Mysore. I am interested to know if any third person, who is not related to me by family, can file an RTI to know the details of properties I have? And also, I would like to know under which circumstances my property details can be availed by a third person (who is not a family member) by filing an RTI? My both properties are based in Mysore district, Karnataka state.

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

Circumstances only that person can tell who will file such RTI application. You can ask him directly.

I am sorry. I did not understand what you mean?

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 February 2017

Private Entities are covered under section 2(f) of the Act

As per Section 2 (f)[x] “information” means any material in any form, including records, documents, memos, e-mails, opinions, advices, press releases, circulars, orders, logbooks, contracts, reports, papers, samples, models, data material held in any electronic form and information relating to any private body which can be accessed by a public authority under any other law for the time being in force;

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     25 February 2017

Sir, Any resident of India can get this information, under RTI Act, from the Municipal records. Good luck, Kishor Mehta

Oh. if that is the case wouldn't it be possible for anyone to misuse the information for blackmailing or for any other malicious purposes ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register