LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sachin Gulyani (Student)     10 September 2015

Rti for marriage registration

I want to get the marriage certificate and all the supporting documents submitted in order to register the marriage.

Can I get it under RTI? 

Under which department Marriage registrar falls? Is it department of Revenue??

Learning

7 Replies

rajarajeswari (advocate)     10 September 2015

There is an application for registration of marriage with the Registrar Office in the place of either of your residence or where the marriage had taken place. 

Now the registration is made compulsory and shall get registered.

You need address proof of both you and your spouse, photographs and identity card. 

Need two witness who witnessed your marriage.

Falls within Registration Department in Tamilnadu State.

Rajarajeswari.P
Advocate, Madras HIgh Court,
150/309, II Floor, Linghi Chetty Street, Georgetown, Chennai 

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     10 September 2015

Advice of Mr. Rajarajeswari is corect

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     10 September 2015

Author, if your marriage is already solmnized under hindu customs, get it be registered under Hindu Marriage Act with the Sub Registrar in the place of your marriage had taken place or the in the residense your or your spouse place.  If you are not Hindus, get it be solmnized under Special Marriage Act with the Sub Registrar where you or your spouse is residing.

Sachin Gulyani (Student)     10 September 2015

You misunderstood my question. Marriage is already registered in2007. I want to get duplicate copy and all the documents submitted by bride and bridegroom at that time under RTI

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     11 September 2015

Sir,

You can submit an application under RTI to the Dy.Sub-Registrar where the marriage was registered, stating names of the married couple, the date of the marriage and date of the marriage registration and request for a certified copy.

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 September 2015

Yes, you can get the information through RTI act by moving an application under the act to the Registrar of Marriages where  the marriage is believed to have been registered by following the normal procedures meant for this purpose. 

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     21 September 2015

Agree with Advocate Shri T Kalaiselvan jee

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register