Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lawseeker   11 July 2015

Rti for cdr from airtel

Hello Sir,

I had requested for CDR for my own Airtel prepaid number in my name through RTI.

I received a letter from Department of Telecommunications & IT signed by the CPIO with the following message.

" Office Memorandum -

I am to transfer the RTI applicated dated 20.6.2015 received at my office from
xxxxx in terms of Section 6(3)of RTI Act 2005 for furnishing information directly
to the applicant.

The requisite fee under RTI Act in this regard has been deposited by the
applicant.

Signed CPIO - Copy to CPIO Office Bangalore"

What do I do with this letter? Do I contact Airtel with this letter or any other steps are pending for the RTI matter?

Please advise.

Thank You in advance. regards

Learning

2 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 July 2015

nothinbg conveyed.

RTI applies to Govt bodies.

SHAKTI KUMAR JAIN (Banking Law & NPA Resolution Consultant)     17 July 2015

Under RTI Act, you can request information to Government Departments, Scheduled Banks only.  Since Airtel is a private body incorporated as a public limited company, it is not obliged to reply under RTI Act.  However, if it is required by the regulatory to supply certain information directly to the RTI Applicant who preferred RTI Application to the regulatory (Regulatory is covered under the RTI Act), the letter should disposed off as per directions of the regulatory- this rule applies to your case.

If you do not receive the reply within 30days of the date of your RTI Application received in the office of Regulatory + 3-4 days for normal postal time,you can file your appeal with the Appellte Authority in the regulatory with your concerns, under copy to Airtel.  You can also email your concern t the Nodal Officer of Airtel (search from google).

Your application with court fee has not been returned or refused by the regulatory, it has been forwarded to the Service Provider under their control with specific instructions, that he must observe.

Shakti Kumar Jain

Chandigarh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register