LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Rti complaint

I am seeking marriage registration details from village PIO and it has been past 30 days i haven't heard anything. May i know which department i should direct my complaint to Central Information Commission ? I would appreciate your help.

Learning

5 Replies

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     28 September 2013

Marriage Registration you find out Registration office of your jurisdiction and there you can register your marriage.

(Guest)

Sir the issue is not of marriage registration - let me reiterate - i am trying to seek details of marriage that are already registered however the PIO is reluctant to provide information. And my question is which department in central information commission i should direct my complaint ? Is it ministry of home affairs or is it ministry of law and justice ?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     29 September 2013

If you do not get any reply from the PIO within 30 days or if you are not satisfied with his reply, you should make the first appeal to designated officer, who will generally be the Officer one step senior to the the PIO. If the first appeal does not give results either, you should make the second appeal to the information commissioner of the State  having jurisdiction over your area.

Did you write to the PIO specifically under the RTI Act or it was only a plain letter. There will be a fee for an application under RTI. Generally it is Rs.10/-. Have you paid the fees?

A PIO is bound to give the information. If he cannot give the information he should write to you giving reasons and the Sections in the RTI Act relevant to it.

To the best of my knowledge marriage registration is under the Registrar of Assurances, who will be under the jurisdiction of the concerned State and not the Central Government. If you browse the website of the State Government, you will be able to find out.

(Guest)

Yes sir, the RTI application was drafted in stamp paper and we have paid 10 Rs for the application. I haven't made first appeal with the senior PIO but is it true that there is a fine of Max Rs 25000 and Rs 250 per day minimum if the information is not furnished ?

jack (boss)     04 November 2013

Originally posted by : Jon

Yes sir, the RTI application was drafted in stamp paper and we have paid 10 Rs for the application. I haven't made first appeal with the senior PIO but is it true that there is a fine of Max Rs 25000 and Rs 250 per day minimum if the information is not furnished ?

yes central information commission or even state information commission can fine them for not provinding the information in due course of time..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register