LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Rti act & high court of ap

What is the Fee for RTI application...Of course it is Rs 10 per application..But my RTI query to SPIO & Registrar ( Judicial) High Court of AP was returned un accepted stating their RTI appl fee is Rs 25. A few days later I resubmitted the appl to the SPIO & Registrar ( Judicial) along with Rs 25 in postal orders. Once again my appl was returned stating my postal orders have lapsed..I was advised to resubmit along with fresh or revalidated postal orders. I approached the Head Post Master Trimulghery . Those postal orders were issued from his post office. He checked the postal orders and drew my attention to the date of issue stamped by his staff. It is 12 Mar 2013. He said that those postal orders are valid for one year....and all my postal orders are still valid. I have resubmitted the appl to the SPIO & Registrar ( Judicial ) of AP HC . By the way HPO Trimulghery is the CAPIO designated for RECEIVING RTI APPLICATIONS..FOR ONWARD SUBMISSION which they did but it was not accepted.

Learning

4 Replies

Sharad (Proprietor)     14 February 2014

What do you want to say " by the way ....   ..... but it was not accepted" Kindly clearify.

There must be some rules framed by AP High Court for RTI Application being Competant authority under RTI Act. Please check if your submission is as per rules.

If everything is OK and you are sure then file complaint to CIC New Delhi.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     15 February 2014

By the above it appears that the High Court SPIO & Registrar Judicial have some rules of its own, my be the postal order must be fresh one (may be below 3 months or some thing like that). Please enquire in the above office and furnish fresh postal order.

Sharad (Proprietor)     15 February 2014

Please follow following link and download APHC rules: https://hc.ap.nic.in/aphc/rtia.html

Read the rules and follow the procedure accordingly. Fee specified is Court fee Stamps of Rs 25/- gummed to application. There is no mention of postal order which is suprising and has to be looked by way of complaint.

I will look to it and complaint if necessary but being a competent authority it is difficult to force normal rules of payment. Try method of payment is approved by DoPT under RTI Act and re send the application. Otherwise fix court fee stamps and return IPO in post.

(Guest)

Head Post Master Trimulgherry however was not sure of RTI fee for SPIO High Court of AP..from the internet I found that different states have in fact formulated Rules with Fee above Rs 10 ..Is it Ok? I had infact submitted another RTI query to SPIO High Court of AP asking info on action taken by the Registrar (Judicial) on three letters written by my erstwhile advocate (I have obtained NOC and now wish to fight my Writ Petition 21313/2013 as PIP) with Rs 10 as RTI Fee. It has been returned ..asking for att Rs 25/- as Fee under Rule 3 of AP High Court RTI Act 2005 Rules..I do not know WHY RTI ACTIVISTS in Hyderabad are not fighting this issue for the past 5 years. Any way I promised to resubmit my appl along with Rs 25 as Fee tomorrow.

For your info Rs 10 postal orders is not available in most of the post offices in and around Head Post office Trimulghery..According to him it is out of print. Can somebody takes up this issue as well?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register