LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VIKAS VIJ (GOVT JOB)     06 August 2013

Rti

I filled RTI Second appeal to CIC and which was received by CIC on 25.7.2012 after that i call many times to cic regarding my Request and every time they say we have so many pending applications so you should wait. even i write a mail on 1st June 2013 but no reply but when i checked on 5.8.2013 it was surprised that they announce the decision but i have no intimation received from CIC . NOw tell me what can i do furthere. for your reference i attached the decision of CIC and even this decision has not fruit ful to me because there is no time bound to First Appellate authority for reply.

Encls:­
For First Appellate Authority:­
Copy of Compl ai nt dat ed 04- 06- 2011.
Copy of RTI appl i cat i on dat ed 16- 03- 2012.
Copy of Fi r st Appeal dat ed 23- 04- 2012.
Note: ­No report is required to be sent to the CIC in this case
If the applicant is not satisfied, he will file his Second Appeal as advised in CIC order.
RTI Matter
CENTRAL INFORMATION COMMISSION
Room No. 326, 2
nd
Floor, August Kranti Bhavan
Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi- 110066
www.cic.gov.in
CIC/RM/C/2012/000190
Dated: 30 July 2013
Name of the Complainant
:
Shri Vikas Vij,
H. No. 588/1, Sector 41-A,
Chandigarh-160 036.
Name of the Public Authority
:
The First Appellate Authority (RTI) &
Secretary, CBSE, 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi-110 092.
ORDER
Shri
Vikas Vij
of
Chandigarh
has complained to the Central InformationCommission that he received no reply/information from the Central Public InformationOfficer and the First Appellate Authority although he had filed his RTI-Application on
16-03-2012and his First Appeal on 23-04-2012. A copy each of the RTI-Application,
First Appeal and the complaint are enclosed for ready reference.
In exercise of powers vested under Section 18(1) of the Right to Information
(RTI) Act, we direct the First Appellate Authority to enquire into the allegations made by
the Complainant and after giving him an opportunity of hearing, to pass an appropriate
order with a view to ensuring that the desired information is provided to the Complainant
without any further loss of time.
In case the Complainant is not satisfied with the orders of the First Appellate
Authority, he is free to approach this Commission in Second Appeal.
The Complaint is disposed of with the above directions.
Sd/-
(Rajiv Mathur)
Central Information Commissioner

Learning

4 Replies

surjit singh (Assistant)     10 August 2013

I think the order is clear, you are to approach the First Appellate authority for your information. So approach the First Appellate authority, for seeking your information with the copy of the order of the CIC at the earliest.

VIKAS VIJ (GOVT JOB)     10 August 2013

why cic NOT impose ant plenty to CPIO AND FAA. It means i again send request to FAA who already not bothered. I already incurred postage expenses to CPIO and FAA and main thing i kill my one year for the reply.

Is there any legal solution so that i complain of CIC

surjit singh (Assistant)     10 August 2013

You see section 20 of the RTI Act is there which speaks for penalty, but in very rare cases the CIC gives penalty. Since the CIC has asked you to approach the FA, approach the FA with a prayer for penalising the PIO with adequate compensation. In case you get the information, then also if you are willing to take this to a conclusive conclusion then approach the CIC for that non penalising of the PIO and compensation.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     11 August 2013

Copy of Compl ai nt dat ed 04- 06- 2011.
Copy of RTI appl i cat i on dat ed 16- 03- 2012.
Copy of Fi r st Appeal dat ed 23- 04- 2012.

seems, 
u have first filed complaint - then RTI application and then 1st appeal.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register