Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreeni (consultant)     19 August 2014

Rta registration

Hello Members

I have newly joined the forum and have a problem.  Request your immediate response.

On faith i have sold my 2 wheeler to a known agent and have signed the RTA documents.  I later realised that he had mentioned the minor name on it. The vehicle has to been sold to a party who has not yet registered the vehicle on their name and is yet appears in the website of RTA on my name.

Please advise me on what is the steps i need to take, so that i am not liable for any damage caused from the sold vehicle.

REQUEST your immediate response

Regards

Sreenivas

Learning

1 Replies

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     24 October 2014

While selling an automobile there would be two forms where your signatures would be taken.  One form is for the buyer and the other you are supposed to submit to the RTA.  But, in general, this is not practiced, the buyer would take away those two forms and like your case he may not get the vehicle transferred onto his name, giving the seller this kind of mental disturbance.

Now, you can write a letter to RTA describing your sale of the vehicle.  Due enquiry would follow and after that your name will be expunged from their books but for this you should at least have obtained vehicle delivery acknowledgment from the buyer.  Have you got that?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register