LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yashodhan Sharma (Production Manager)     08 February 2018

Robbed shares recovery

Dear Lawyers kindly inform, My family shares were robbed in 2005 to 2008 by a friend, police had arrested him, he says about value of that time, but the shares had evolved bonuses & dividends on them. Will police tell him to pay for bonus/dividend or had i lost the bonuses ? Previous enquiry officer said after reading some law book that bonus/dividend are part & parcel of the shares.

Learning

3 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     08 February 2018

What do you mean?  Apart from the shares which were with you which according to you he stole, you want to say that even the bonus shares and dividend warrants which would have been sent to your address, also were stolen by him?

I am not able to buy your story.

Yashodhan Sharma (Production Manager)     08 February 2018

HE stole shares, we were unable to get details since dad used to handle that and he expired in 2007, he got them transferred in his account, afterwards he sold them. 

Had the shares been in our accounts we would have got bonus/dividends on them. We found with great difficulties in 2010, he accepted verbally robbing them, but evaded the payment to us. last month he was arrested U/s 380, 465, 467, 470, 420, he accepted robbing them but says that shares value at that time was this. 

Previous Enquiry officer searched the procedure and said that he will have to repay for shares + bonus/dividends.

What is actual procedure, is we do not get amounts for bonus, we had a great loss since he used them for almost 10 years.

Kindly suggest.

thanks in advance

yashodhan

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     09 February 2018

Whether the shares were of one company or several companies?

On what basis he got it transferred in his name?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register