Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajiv (Consultant)     04 November 2012

Road tax karnataka

Dear forum members ,

Frankly speaking, i didnt know such forums exists till i got in to all troubles in recent days.First of thanks for all your helps in advance.

I am looking for some legal advice on this scenario happend to me and want to know if there is anything unusual or it this how in this country as per rules.

I am driving a 2  wheeler (KA registration) in Bangalore since 2006 and own a Karnataka DL .

June-2012 I brought my KL registration car from kerala.

Last week RTO stopped me for not having LRT and siezed my RC original and DL original.and after all calculations they asked me to pay 49,000 KA road tax for 2010 Model Santro.

Now the worst part .. I am moving permanently to US by Jan, and already started shifting things back home. I produced my company assignment letter but RTO is least interested.

after lot of running around in RTO office, they say  Pay 49,000 road tax ,and claim refund when you go back .

Now few questions.

1)5 months in Bangalore - Is it legal to ask for life time road tax in Karnataka.

2)RTO hold my RC book and DL originals - is it legal

3)Now only option in front of me is  pay 49,000 LRT this month , and move to kerala and request for refund from Karnataka. All has to happen in two months time. Whole process sounds weird to me :(

Please advice if going to court /high court going to help in this case ?I dont know how the sytem works but i would be happy to represent public and fight against such weird rules (if there is any slim chance) .

Thank you !

Learning

3 Replies

Rajiv (Consultant)     06 November 2012

Please can someone help me with this info ?

Rajiv (Consultant)     07 November 2012

Hi , Can somebody help me with this case ?

Swetha (SW)     08 November 2012

Hi Rajiv,

Even I too need clarification on this... i am waiting for clarification on the below which I posted 10 days before. If you got any information on ROAD TAX FOR OTHER STATE VEHICLE, Please let me know(mail me on superrahulrock@gmail.com)

Hi,

I am planning to buy car with TN registerion. I am working in banagalore. Is it necessary to pay road tax in karnataka for TN Register vehicle.

Also I heard from some one as below:

1) Can pay road tax in other state for short period (Ex: One year / two year) based on how long you will be working in other states.

2) If life time tax is paid already paid in origin state No need to pay tax in other state.

3) NOC is enough from origin state.

4) No need to pay road  tax in other state for first one year of new car registration.?

Please anyone suggest me where should i register and above is true. Also provide your suggestion as early as possible. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register