LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Biplab Bose   06 September 2017

Road accident and claim tribunal

I had an road accident on 2nd January 2017. Descripttion of the accident: I was going home from my office in my car (self driven). A bus was coming from behind my car and hit my car at the rear side. Due to impact I lost control of my car and the car was thrown on the other side of the road. At the same time one two wheeler(Motor cycle) rider was coming from opposite direction hit my car and the person riding the bike received severe injury that needed him to be admitted to hospital. At the time of this accident my driving licence and car insurance was in force. After accident I made a police complain stating all the facts. The victim has now applied for compensation under section 166 of motor vehicle act before motor accident claim tribunal. In the claim petition the victim accused the bus driver for negligent driving and accident. His main complain was against bus driver, owner of the bus and insurance company. I was also made a party in the claim, it was stated in the claim petition that to avoid any legal complication that may arise in the claim proceeding the victim made me a party. Now I have received this communication from tribunal. It is required to give a reply in one month. I would sincerely appreciate receiving your thoughtful suggestions and guidance to the effect that how should I reply to the tribunal.

Learning

1 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     07 September 2017

The car swerved out of your control, and the victim seems quite aware of this (taking account of what he states in his plaint; assuming he's expressly mentioned that your presence is merely required to avoid legal complications.) You should respond to the tribunal without much delay and state your absolute willingness to do your part as is required for the proceedings to move ahead smoothly and for the appropriate conclusion to be reached at by the court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register