Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shahnawaz alam (student)     25 May 2015

Right to parents property

Hello,

We were a joint family with three brothers and their family, in which two of them are dead. Only my father remains. The house in which we live, is on my Grandma's name. Finally all three families decided to separate and, the family of the eldest brother decided to sell their part equally to both remaining brothers' families. The deeds were made with a fair deal and a deadline to occupy their part of the house. They did the same, but left some things in their house, and locked it. When they are called to open the lock so, we can reconstruct the house, they are saying, theyll not let us reconstruct the house until we give them money from my Grandpa's bank FD. Which was held nominated by my grandpa to My Father and his Elder brother. We finally agreed to pay them the equal share of money, but they want interest on it too. But we did not recieve any interest on it as FD was not renewed from last 15 years. Now they blame us for not renewing the FD and want the interest on it as well.

Through this, they have stopped demolishing our already indanger weak house as well as they want money on which they don't have right as well as interest which even we didn't get.

Can you suggest, what can be done in this case. Do they really possess the right to stop demolishment of the house, or can they claim my Grandpa's money which was not nominated to their father ?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register